Planful Inc., the pioneer of financial planning and analysis (FP&A) cloud software, achieved many successes in 2020 across all aspects of its business. The company is committed to continuing this momentum by expanding its position as the industry’s most innovative FP&A and consolidations platform that customers rely on for smarter, faster planning and decision-making.
Planful’s mission continues to be centered on empowering Planful users to streamline their FP&A processes, so they can be freed from tedious, low value work that prevents them from delivering insightful financial decisions that impact the bottom line. “When our company rebranded under the Planful name a year ago, we were determined to align our brand, and everything we do, to our ‘customer-first’ focus,” said Rowan Tonkin, SVP Marketing, Planful. “We were fortunate to not only deliver on that promise in 2020, but to also set the stage for an even brighter, more exciting 2021.”
Planful’s achievements in 2020 spanned all areas of the company, from market breakthroughs based on its “simple, fast, beautiful” product philosophy, to its customer-first focus, executive hires, and additional corporate funding. The following details Planful’s most prominent 2020 accomplishments:
- Planful welcomed over 125 new customers in 2020, including Pendo.io, SnapLogic, AIS Global, IKG, and more.
- The three-day Planful Virtual Tour was incredibly successful. Attendance doubled over prior years, mirroring a 25% increase in platform usage logged by midyear from existing customers.
- Planful’s support team rolled out a new ticketing and servicing solution to better support its customers, maintaining an average 94% CSAT for the year.
- The Planful Academy was reimagined for customers, bringing relevant, helpful training to busy professionals interested in new certifications, e-learnings, quick reference guides, and more.
Speed of Transformation
- In response to the uncertainties of COVID-19, Planful unveiled Planful Now, a package of quick-start solutions to help companies meet critical use cases in just weeks.
- The February Winter20 product release transformed the Platform interface with aesthetic improvements and rolled out the FP&A industry’s first Dynamic Commentary feature.
- The Spring20 release in May brought a new, enhanced user experience for Workforce Planning with Planful to offer more visibility into the drivers of what most often a company’s largest and most important expense–its people.
- Planful’s Summer20 release in September dramatically expanded collaboration capabilities including a redesigned Workforce Planning experience to assist with planning and analysis projects across the enterprise.
- The Fall20 release in December introduced a new visual experience that enables users to easily interact with employee-level expense information for dynamic planning.
Awards and Recognition
- Planful was included in G2’s prestigious Best Products for Finance, ranking 13th on the Top 50 listing of the world’s best financial software companies and products.
- For the eighth year in a row, Planful was named a Leader in the Nucleus Research CPM Technology Value Matrix.
- Planful was named to the Constellation ShortList™ for Cloud-Based Planning Platforms for the eighth consecutive year.
- Planful was named a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Financial Planning & Analysis Solutions and scored among the highest three FP&A software vendors for lower and upper mid-market and business unit use cases in the Gartner Critical Capabilities report for Cloud Financial Planning and Analysis Solutions.
- Planful was recognized with multiple industry awards this year, including a shortlist win for Best HR Solution in The Cloud Awards, Best Cloud Company by the Stratus Awards for Cloud Computing, and a joint win for both Planful and CEO Grant Halloran in the BIG Awards for Business.
- 2020 brought the addition of 100 new employees, including C-suite executives and 11 senior high-growth leaders with deep industry expertise.
- Planful’s performance in 2020 was rewarded with a supplemental equity round to support the company’s continued growth led by Vector Capital and joined by StarVest Partners and Monroe Capital.
- Planful added 11 new partners to its partner ecosystem, including Cipher Business Solutions, i2Advantage, and Veedon Partners.
 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Financial Planning and Analysis Solutions,” by Greg Leiter, Robert Anderson, John Van Decker, October 6, 2020.
 Gartner “Critical Capabilities for Cloud Financial Planning and Analysis Solutions,” by Greg Leiter, Robert Anderson, John Van Decker, October 13, 2020.
Planful (formerly Host Analytics) is the pioneer of financial planning & analysis (FP&A) and consolidations cloud software. The Planful platform is used by the Office of the CFO around the globe to streamline business-wide planning, budgeting, consolidations, reporting, and visual analytics. More than 800 customers, including Boston Red Sox, Del Monte, TGI Friday’s, and 23andMe, rely on Planful to accelerate cycle times, increase productivity, and improve accuracy across the end-to-end FP&A process. Planful is a private company backed by Vector Capital, a leading global private equity firm. Learn more at www.planful.com.